Image Map

Sunday 23 March 2014

Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies

So today I am posting a recipe for everyone, but I actually made this recipe a few weeks ago. I didn't have a blog then so I am posting now, because they were so delicious that I thought it should be shared.

This is a recipe that I found on Pinterest with a few tweaks of my own. Hope you enjoy it!


Makes around 16 brownies
Ingredients:
For the Brownies:
85g or 2/3 - cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon - salt
½ teaspoon - baking powder
60g or 2 ounces - unsweetened chocolate, chopped
120g or 4 ounces - bittersweet chocolate, chopped
8 tablespoons or ½ cup - unsalted butter, cut into pieces
200g or 1 cup - granulated sugar
2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
3 eggs

For the Cream Cheese Filling:


200g or 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
50g or ¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk


Directions: 


  1. Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and preheat oven to 165 degrees C (325 F). Line a 8inch square baking tin with butter and baking paper (or use disposable trays like I did). 
  2. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder together in a small bowl; set aside (everyone appreciate how cute my measuring cups are).
  3. In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time on a medium heat, stirring after each, until completely melted and smooth. Whisk in the sugar and vanilla extract; allow the mixture to cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Continue whisking until the mixture is completely smooth. Add the dry ingredients and whisk or stir until just incorporated (don't over mix).
  4. Make the cream cheese filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk together in a small bowl until evenly mixed. (I used a hand mixer. It took about a minute).
  5. Pour half the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it in an even layer. drop half the cream cheese mixture, by spoonfuls, over the batter. Repeat, layering the remaining brownie batter and cream cheese filling. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the brownie batter and cream cheese filling, creating a marbled effect.
  6. Bake until the edges of the brownies have puffed slightly, the center feels not quite firm when touched lightly, or when a sharp knife is inserted into the center it comes out with several moist, fudgy crumbs adhering to it, 50 to 60 minutes.
  7. Cool the brownies in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Place the brownies on a wire rack; allow them to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours. If you are in a rush, you can chill them in the freezer for 90 minutes (I didn't refrigerate them but they still came out perfectly fine). Cut into squares and serve. Wait until serving to cut the brownies otherwise they will become a little dry or cut and put into an air tight container.
These Brownies came out so well and were even tastier warmed up and covered in hot custard! Mmm…

I actually made these as part of my valentines present to my boyfriend, so there will be a blog coming soon showing what I created using the brownies.

If you try this recipe feel free to tag me in a picture on Instgram using my account name @kimberlina94, I would love to see your creations!

Hope you liked this post and I will be doing more recipes soon.

This recipe was adapted from http://www.kokolikes.com/cream-cheese-brownies/

Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...