Image Map

Thursday 24 April 2014

Minnie Mouse Cake

Hey guys so I know I hadn't posted in ages until I posted some nails just now (or that my posting has been very willy nilly), but its been due to the fact I went home for easter and couldn't carry my laptop and camera home.

I am going to sit down this weekend and re-arrange my page tabs for separate baking and nail sections after some feedback from fellow bloggers suggested this would be a good method. AND hopefully this will then lead to me having specific posting days for both nail and baking posts.

But for today you will have to have 3 posts… I know a lot, but I may not be able to post again for a while, while I sort out my page.

This is a Minnie Mouse cake my Mum and I created for a 1st birthday.
































There will not be a recipe for this, but I will explain how we decorated the cake.



After applying a very thin layer of icing, to a completely cooled cake, we covered it in a very thin layer of fondant icing.

To create the Minnie Baby on top, we printed out an image from the internet and then cut it up into the individual pieces and used them as stencils to cut out the shapes from thinly rolled fondant.
After assembling the pieces I sat down with a pot of water and a tub of black food colouring and using a tiny paint brush a created all the outlines and defining features. I messed up slightly on one of the eyes eyelashes I know but oh well.
Then we mixed up some royal icing and using a piping bag, applied the dots on Minnie's bow.

I think it turned out great, and the addition of some red fondant letters, finishes it off.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Peace.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow this looks so good! I honestly wouldn't want to eat it because I don't want to ruin such a pretty cake haha! Thanks for visiting my blog by the way, I'm glad I discovered yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Well at least I didn't have to cut it, just be sad about giving it away!
      You are welcome! Same for yours!
      x

      Delete
  2. wow, this looks awesome, so well done <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...