Image Map

Friday 30 May 2014

Nailsxo - World Cup Nails

Nailsxo has been a very busy girlie, and created an exciting  new competition in honour of the upcoming World Cup as you can probably tell from the title of this post!

Every one who entered was assigned a different country to create a mani for and not only the mani for the team who wins, but also the mani that Emily likes the most, will win some very secretive prizes!


I was assigned Germany! Unfortunately I have never been to Germany but I sat down and did some research and came up with this design and I will show below some tips on how to create a similar design for yourself!




So to start off I decided to create a base that was a gradient made up of the countries flag colours!

To create this look I started by putting some PVA around my nails to make clean up after a lot easier! Simply apply a thick layer around the nail and wait until it goes clear.



I then painted my nails with 2 coats of the lightest colour and waited until it was totally dry.



Don't worry about any mess around your cuticles that will peel straight off! As you can see above the glue has gone totally clear.



Then using a wet sponge create your gradient. In this picture you can see my sponge wasn't wet enough as there are sponge marks in the polish! But get your desired look and go over it a few times to get the strongest colours!



From my research that I did I found out some pretty interesting things, but the thing that shocked me the most was the it is actually illegal there to cross the road when there is a red man! Which I have never heard before! So that just HAD to go on my nails… sadly it was a nail fail but you get the idea of what I was trying to do! haha



That is what my index finger is meant to be!

I then left my middle finger to show the flag off



I painted a football on my ring finger as well it is for the world cup!



And a sausage on my little finger because pretty much the only word I can remember from doing German at school is Bratwurst or however you spell it!



Finally my thumb nail has a pair of rem I'm not sure what they are called? Dungarees? Like the ones Hansel and Gretel wear in books because that is the first thing I think of when someone says Germany! No idea why? I don't even know if they are a German thing? Hahaha

Pretty happy with how they turned out as I think my nail art is getting neater!

Massive thank you to Emily for organising this competition.

Check out everyone else entries here and got there for updates on the world cup. These will go up on the page from 4th June.

What do you think of my design? Have you entered? Also can someone comment below telling me whether Germany have any chance of winning? I have absolutely no idea as I am not a sporty person at all… but I really wanted to enter to challenge my nail art skills and see what others come up with!

Peace

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea you came up with these are gorgeous! Loving all the detail! My favourite nail is the football it looks awesome, the red man was a really cool idea too, I'd never heard that fact before either! Thanks for entering! Your picture is now up on the World Cup page :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little details! These are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your gradient effect! you did a wonderful job with this mani :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gradient effect! you did a wonderful job with this mani :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! :)
    I love your gradient!
    I think Germany will get to the quarter finals. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gradient is amazing! This is a really well detailed manicure! I especially love the thumb and ring finger :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect!:) Great gradient! Looks exactly like a Germany flag:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! Very clever idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...