Image Map

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Funky French

Afternoon all! I realise this is a day late but I was taking care of a poorly boyfriend who took care of me when I was ill by painting my nails so it was worth being one day late. (Check out his mani here)


So today I have these funky french manicure nails I created as a twist on the standard ones you see every where.




They are also my entry for the OMD2 - Funky French day 14.




I chose to keep the colours similar to a french mani because I haven't worn really girlie colours for a while and I fancied feeling cute! My twist was having a different top half to the expected french manicure to sort of make it a bit more modern! Here is another twist I did a few weeks ago!



To create these I used a base of Barry M Matte White and painted two coats for an opaque finish.

I then took some striping tape and sectioned off the top parts of my nail in a sort of squashed triangle before painting a single thick layer of this Pink Seche Vite. I can't find the name but it is quite a thick polish so perfect for this method.



I peeled the tape off before the polish was dry and then sealed it in with a topcoat of my normal Seche Vite Quick Dry Topcoat.

I love it but I do kind of wish the pink wasn't quite so barbie and a little more nude….
What do you think?

Check out the other entries below!

Peace.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! I love that it's different to typical french manicure designs and the colour combination is so pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...