Image Map

Friday 4 July 2014

Oatmeal, Chocolate & Banana Skinny Cookies

Hey!

So now I have my schedule for when I will post nail related posts and nail art, I have decided that any baking, make up or craft posts will be bonus posts throughout the week!




And this weeks bonus post is these Oatmeal cookies! I have called them Skinny Cookies because they use less butter and oil than others due to the fact they are made with Banana. They still aren't exactly healthy, but I'm not the type of person who really minds. If they are skinny then it just means I can eat more.. tehee.



This is a recipe that I have adapted from Cooking 2 Perfection and they honestly smells sooooo good when they are cooking that you really don't want to wait until they cool down.




Skinny Banana Oatmeal Cookies 
(16-18 cookies)

2 medium ripe bananas
2 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
85g or 1/2 cup light brown sugar
50g or 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
55ml or 1/4 cup oil
140g or 1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
200g or 1 1/2 cups oats (regular or quick)
150g or 1 cup chocolate / white chocolate chips
30-50g or 1/4 cup chopped nuts (any preference/optional)


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F/170C degrees. 

2. Line a cookie sheet with greaseproof paper.


3. Chop up the bananas and mash in a bowl, then mix the mashed bananas, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until incorporated. 


4. Add the vanilla and egg to the batter and mix. 

5. Slowly add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. 


6. Fold in oats, nuts and chocolate chips. The mixture shouldn't be tough or rollable so don't panic if you think its too wet to make cookies.


7. Spoon tablespoon size cookie dough onto cookie sheet. I used an ice cream scoop and simply half filled the scoop then when on the try patted down slightly. 

8. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. 


9. Cool cookies on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.



These are so tasty and soft, just how I like them! Perfect with a cup of tea and I love how they turned out.

Let me know if you try this recipe out and tag me on instagram @kimberlina94.

Peace.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I'm definitely going to try these! I love baking cookies and cupcakes but I always make the same ones, so this one would be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...