Image Map

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Olaf Birthday Cake

Hey guys! So for todays post I am going to show you the birthday cake that I made for my younger cousin, Nathan's, birthday.


Nathan has been loving the Frozen CD lately and when my Aunt asked if I could make an Olaf themed cake, I jumped at the opportunity as I am a bit of a Frozen lover myself.




Instead of making a traditional circular cake, with an Olaf figure on top… I decided to make my life hard and create an actual Olaf cake. This cake was inspired by the scene where his head falls off and also by cakes I came across on Pintrest.


Although it may look hard, it was actually easier than expected. After carving the (blue) cake I had baked the day before, I simply butter creamed it for a crumb coat, and cover it in fondant icing for a traditional birthday cake finish.

After that I could simply let my creative side go wild with (baking) coloured powders, icing shapes, sugar paper snowflakes and twigs! Of course!


I am super proud of how this turned out and I am happy to report that my cousin LOVED the cake and that it tasted just as delicious as it looked!

I would love to see other peoples bakes so feel free to leave links in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

Peace.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! I cannot believe you made this yourself, you are seriously talented! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing. You did such a great job with this cake! It's been years since I did a 3D cake, much less covered in fondant, but I know it's a total PITA to roll it out and get it smooth around the layers. I have to think Nathan was thrilled with this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...